Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Lovely Work

Sick today.

I was sick last night also... puked. Lovely. There was blood in my puke. Lovelier.

Last night I called in to work to say I wouldn't be in for the night classes. I spoke to the director over the phone. She said that she would talk to me later. No call came. I went to sleep for the night. The next morning, at 7:00, I received a call from the school's secretary, telling me "Hurry, you're late for work!" I again explained that I was sick. She sounded surprised. Nobody had told her. 15 minutes later, I got a call from my director telling me that I'm irresponsible for not calling in to let them know that I wouldn't be in to work. She said she was "disappointed in me". I texted her back to let her know that the feeling was mutual.

By the way, did I mention we don't get any sick days at our school? I'm going to have to make up for this on an off-day.

That's all for today. I'm waiting around for my night classes. I don't want to go into work - not so much because of the work itself, but rather because I don't have the energy to argue with my director about how ridiculous she is, and to defend myself against unmerited blame. I'd rather be at home, getting better, but then I suppose I'd be "irresponsible", and I don't want to spend my entire weekend at school making up classes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home